Please take a few minutes to read the important information below about the Spring season registration process for travel teams (ages U9 and older)!
If you have questions regarding Spring travel soccer please email the Registrar at [email protected]
- The way SMSA works as well as most soccer clubs at this age level is that players attend an annual tryout for a spot on a team for the soccer year (tryouts are held annually in the Spring to establish teams for the upcoming Fall and following Spring seasons).
- Registration for the Spring season is first made available for all “returning players”, meaning those that were rostered to a U9 or older team in the Fall season.
- Registration will be opened for new players wanting to tryout for a team if there is availability on the roster(s) within an age group. The only way that players are able to be added to the a team for the Spring season is if spots become open due to players not returning, or if there is not already a full roster.
- New players interested in joining a travel team for the Spring season must register for the new player sign up for the Spring season below. This lets us know that your player is interested in playing Spring soccer.
- We require all players wanting to play travel soccer to try out for our teams. Any new players who sign up to indicate interest in joining a team for the Spring season should plan to attend the scheduled spring tryout for their age group (see schedule below).
- Evaluations are held in an effort to place players at appropriate levels with their peers to enable the best possible experience on the field, not to discourage them from playing the sport.
- Since teams are not "re-set" for the Spring season, new players will be evaluated to join an established team within their age group. Players will not only be looked at based on their soccer experience and skill, but also based on attitude, willingness to learn, and their overall "fit" with the other players on the team.
- There is NO COST for new players to sign up and indicate interest. Registration fees for the season will be due following evaluations and once players are placed on a team. At this age level, players must also purchase a travel uniform package in addition to registration fees.